Friday 7 March 2014

Website update!

Hello to friends and family!
A month ago I posted about a website that I was planning to start with the technical aid of my friend Andrew Paradi... here's a brief update on how that is going! The "donate to construction" side of the website is now fully functional. the "sponsor a child" side should be functional within the next little while. However neither will be truly perfectly functional until we have achieved charity status in both Canada and India... we have been lead to the conclusion that we must get status, by a few things... credibility, tax receipts, the ability to do automatic bank withdrawals for sponsorship...etc... So we ask that you would join us in praying for charity status.
We do have some very exciting news... a stranger, and now good friend, from reddit.com has found my blog, been convicted, and is now committed to come to India to use his film skills for the good of the orphan home. This is an answer to a very specific prayer request... our God is so awesome, he is so powerful. His plan amazes me daily... but also convicts me... of panicking when things don't go the way that I had planned them to. I am seeing more and more that the best thing I can do for this website, and this orphan home is to trust in God, to live in joyful dependence upon him.
So I ask that you would pray for charity status, for the work at the orphan home to restart- and that we would continue to rely upon him- so that he might be glorified in all of this.


No comments:

Post a Comment