Friday 25 April 2014

Eyes on God


I have 19 days left in India, Its crazy how quickly the time has gone. I have moved my return date up a bit for a couple of reasons; homesickness and the hatred of curry are definitely up there… but it will also allow me a lot of time to work out my thoughts before heading up to camp this summer. I remember seeing my brother’s pain and frustration after returning home from his time overseas- it’s an adjustment period known to missionary groups as “re-entry”. Please pray for me that I could get over this time easily, and quickly. I have one thing that I need to do before coming home… At the start of my trip I met a little girl at the dump yard, where she was digging through the trash looking for food. I have only seen her that one time- but her face is burned into my memory… I want to go find her and see if we can get her into the orphan home. Please pray that everything will go smoothly with this.


 I am going home, but a great burden for this mission is coming with me. I’m going to use my time before camp to present my trip to churches, small groups- really anyone that will listen… I have a burden for orphaned children and I am committed to spreading the news about Grace Orphan Home. As soon as this home is built, my burden will change to one where I am trying to find sponsors for these kids…. If you are part of a church, a group of friends or anyone who will watch this presentation- please contact me at jamesjohnsonindia@gmail.com and I will come speak to you.


I have learned something in these past few weeks- God has been testing me, as per my request that He would send me home with a strengthened faith, and an intimacy with Him. These tests are very difficult, but by the grace of God I am embracing them with great joy- the first one was repentance… I felt the need to settle my transgressions instead of bury them- so I have been writing one letter a day, to people I need to seek forgiveness from. The second and third were faith; the faith lesson is really revealing for me… I love analogies- and this one came to my mind when I was thinking about faith. When a baby is picked up by his mother, and is cradled in her arms he feels the most secure. He knows that this person loves him, cares for him, and wants the best for him… but say I was to be picked up and cradled by a giant person- I would be worried about falling, I would not trust them to feed me or care for me… How much more does God love us, than a mother loves her baby? He carries us, He keeps us from going astray, He wants the best for us… and yet, still I worry. God even guarantees us the perfect future! That’s something that a mother could never do for her baby. However I am not as wise as a baby; I am as stupid as an adult… so I worry about the stupid things. I constantly self analyze; I am such a huge failure. If a baby in his mother’s arms was to self analyze, he would be devastated- he can’t do anything! left alone for a few hours he would certainly die. So I am learning how to be an infant- setting my eyes on God only, trusting Him to be true to His promises… Would I ever be able to look Jesus in the eyes and say “I don’t trust you”? I certainly trust Him with my future…. I have seen Him provide all throughout my past- why on earth do I worry in the present? 

Just in case your interested- this is Vijay and I riding through downtown Gudivada on a motorbike, the driving here is pretty exciting 


No comments:

Post a Comment